NOW HIRING: Human Resources - Administrative Coordinator
If you are an outgoing and organized business professional, looking for an excellent long-term career opportunity, JOIN OUR TEAM!
Since 1924, MUNCK has been a trusted and reliable manufacturer of lifting equipment. Although overhead cranes and hoists have played a key role in plant processes, today’s plant is much more demanding. That is why Munck Cranes Inc. has extended our design skills and years of expertise in providing innovative material handling solutions to specifically meet these demands.
We are seeking a self-motivated, friendly, and experienced candidate to join our growing team. In this position, you will play a critical role in the success of our business by developing purchasing strategies, working with vendors and suppliers, and procuring goods and supplies to meet production requirements.
What We Offer:
- A highly competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Convenient location in Stoney Creek right off the QEW
- A casual and friendly, yet professional work environment
- Excellent opportunities for career growth
The Human Resources/Administrative Coordinator will be responsible for all Human Resource related duties and will provide administrative support to multiple departments and office locations. This position will focus on employee relations, recruitment/onboarding, training, internal communications, Health & Safety, and talent management.
- Responsible for administering and overseeing all areas of Human Resources functions in a standalone position.
- Health and Safety: Ensure the company is meeting and exceeding all legislative requirements by tracking training, updating required postings, and functioning as co-chair of the JHSC committee (conducting workplace inspections and meetings).
- Monitor and maintain pre-qualification websites for vendors (ISN, Browz, Avetta etc.) by liaising with insurance, WSIB, and customer
- Manage COVID 19 response program and implement protocols as required
- Responsible for administering workers compensation claims management and return to work program.
- Tracking attendance, and other metrics for reporting purposes
- Maintain digital and electronic records of employees
- Full cycle internal recruitment: Creating job descriptions, advertisements, posting jobs, screening applicants, conducting interviews, reference checks, on- boarding, and training.
- Performance management: Conducting probationary and annual performance reviews.
- Employee relations: Diplomatically handle all employee relations issues.
- Keep up to date with the latest HR trends and best practice.
- Answer phones and greet customers
- Assist with accounts payable as required by entering bills using QuickBooks
- Assist with various sales administration tasks
- Organize and execute office events and parties
- Order and track office supplies
- Other duties as deemed necessary
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Human Resources Management Certification or combination of Administrative education and experience required
- 2+ years Human Resources experience, preferably in a Generalist role executing multiple functions
- OSSA and FA certification (not required but considered an asset).
- Full understanding of HR functions and best practices.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior organizational skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office programs such as Word and Excel.