NOW HIRING: Machinist
Would you like to work in a stable and friendly, yet fast paced environment with highly competitive compensation and a convenient location in Stoney Creek?
If you are a experienced Machinist who would like to gain experience working with custom material handling equipment, join our team!
Since 1924, MUNCK has been a trusted and reliable manufacturer of lifting equipment. Although overhead cranes and hoists have played a key role in plant processes, today’s plant is much more demanding. That is why Munck Cranes Inc. has extended our design skills and years of expertise in providing innovative material handling solutions to specifically meet these demands.
What We Offer
- A highly competitive compensation package
- A complete and comprehensive benefits package
- Company provided uniforms and boot allowance
- Company supplied PPE, tools, and equipment
- Supportive team environment
- Reads and interprets blueprints to plan, set up, and operate of all manual machine shop tools; before machining
- Machine parts according to drawing, check quality and quantity of parts.
- Verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments
- Plans set - up and operates typical machine shop tools including (milling machines, lathes, drill presses, band saws etc.)
- Maintain, repair and calibrate precision measuring instruments
- Produces parts and tests to tolerances and company specifications
- Manual machining of single parts and production parts
- Machining components of dies, tools, jigs, and fixtures
- Other tasks as assigned
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working as a machinist in a machine shop and/or manufacturing environment
- Completion of a relevant machinist certificate or diploma is an asset
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and drawings
- Experience in the use of precision measuring tools such as Vernier calipers and height gauges
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills enabling the incumbent to tackle complex machining problems and shifting priorities
- Strong understanding of mechanical engineering drawings to be able to fabricate jigs and equipment fixtures
- Valid driver's license
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing facility. Work will involve moderate lifting of materials and product. Working in this environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; safety glasses, hearing protectors and CSA Approved Safety Shoes. Attire is provided (shop uniform) after your 3 month probation period is over. Working hours are weekdays 7:00am – to 3:30 pm with two 15 minute breaks and one ½ hour lunch. There may be occasional overtime required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24.00-$28.00 per hour